(cPanel >> Home >> Domains >> Site Publisher)
This interface enables you to quickly create a simple website, even if you have never created a website before. When you use this interface, you will select an appropriate template for your website, and then enter the website content that the template requests. For example, you can use this interface to create a simple website with your business's information, or to create a placeholder page while you prepare a more elaborate website.
Create or modify a Site Publisher website
To create or modify a Site Publisher website for one of your domains, perform the following steps:
- Select a domain from the list of available domains, addon domains, and subdomains.
- If you only own a single domain, or if you accessed this interface via a link after subdomain or addon domain creation, the system automatically selects that domain and proceeds to the next step.
- For more information about domain selection, read the Select a Domain section of this document.
- Select a template from the available options.
- The Select a Template section of this interface displays a preview image, name, and description for each available Site Publisher template.
- If you selected a domain that already uses a Site Publisher website, the system preselects the current template.
- Enter or update the desired website content.
Note:The template that you select determines the content that you enter in the Customize and Publish section.
- Click Publish. A confirmation message will appear with a link to your new website.
Select a DomainThe Select a Domain section of the interface lists the domain name and website directory (document root) for every domain that your cPanel account owns. If a domain currently uses a Site Publisher website, the interface also lists the website's template's name.
- Click the domain name to open the domain in a new browser window.
- Click the website directory to open that directory in cPanel's File Manager interface (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> File Manager) in a new browser window.
Site Publisher filesWhen you publish a Site Publisher website, cPanel automatically performs the following actions:
- The script saves a copy of the domain's document root's current contents as a tarball in the
userrepresents your cPanel account's username.
Note:If the system encounters a file system or file quota error during this step, it will not save the tarball and will not publish the new Site Publisher website.
- The system deletes any existing Site Publisher backups that are more than 30 days old.
- The system generates the new Site Publisher website's files and stores them in the domain's document root.
- If one of the new website's files conflicts with an existing file, the system overwrites the existing file with the new file.
- If the system encounters an error during this step, it restores the website's original contents from the backup tarball and does not publish the new Site Publisher website.
- The system saves configuration information for the new website in the
userrepresents your cPanel account's username. It saves this file as the
home-user-public_html-example.comrepresents the Site Publisher website's target directory, with hyphens (
-) instead of slashes (
Important:The configuration file stores all of the data for your Site Publisher website. We strongly recommend that you do not modify this file directly. Instead, always use cPanel's Site Publisher interface (cPanel >> Home >> Domains >> Site Publisher) to modify Site Publisher websites.
- For information about template development, read our Guide to Site Publisher Templates documentation.
- For more information about individual templates, contact your hosting provider or the template creator.